Drug Cards

EMS Protocols


Lenoir County Emergency Services Department

Physical Address:
200 Rhodes Avenue
Kinston, NC 28502

Mailing Address:
PO Box 3289
Kinston, NC 28502

Hours of Operation:
Monday – Friday: 8:00am – 5:00pm

Director: Murry Stroud
Deputy Director: Samuel Kornegay
Fire Marshal: Jacob Turner

Frequently Asked Questions

Dial 9-1-1 in an emergency only. If an emergency situation (a crime, fire, serious injury or illness) arises, ask yourself whether police, fire department, or medical assistance is needed right now to protect life or property. If the answer is “yes”, then immediately dial 9-1-1 and advise the telecommunicator of what has happened or is happening.

If you are not sure whether or not the situation is an emergency, call 9-1-1 and let the our telecommunicators make that determination. Always call 9-1-1 to report a fire, report a possible medical emergency, or to report a crime in progress.

  • Stay calm. Give the telecommunicator your name, location, and nature of the emergency.
  • Listen carefully to the telecommunicator.
  • When the telecommunicator asks you questions, try to answer them as accurately as possible. Speak clearly and slowly.
  • Do exactly as the telecommunicator tells you during the course of the call.
  • Never hang up until you are told to do so.
  • Our telecommunicators are certified in Emergency Police DIspatch, Emergency Fire Dispatch, and Emergency Medical Dispatch through the National Academy of Emergency Dispatchers. This means when you call Lenoir County Communications your call is being handled by trained professionals following national protocols and standards of care.

Responders are dispatched upon receiving address and telephone; however, additional information is needed to better prepare the responders for their arrival on scene and to provide the best level of service for the nature of the call.

Lenoir County EMS uses a third party billing company, EMS Billing and Management. You may obtain their information here: https://emsbilling.com/patient.

You may burn vegetative (yard) debris, ie: leaves, limbs, etc; however, it must be from your yard. You may not transport vegetative debris from other locations and burn them on your property. Always be aware of the wind conditions prior to burning. You may obtain additional information at the NC Division of Environmental Quality website: https://deq.nc.gov/

To be employed within the EMS Division, you must already hold a valid EMT, Advanced-EMT, or Paramedic level credential, as well as a NC driver's license.
To be employed within the Communications Division, you must have a high school diploma or GED from an accredited teaching institution, as well as a NC driver's license.
For both divisions, you must be able to pass a thorough criminal history background check and a drug test.