How to schedule a ride with Lenoir County Transit
- Call 252-523-4171
- Press 1 – to schedule a ride
- Leave the following information on voicemail when scheduling a reservation: full name, phone number, pick-up address, drop-off time, destination address, time of return trip (if one is needed), if anyone is riding with you, or if you need special assistance.
Transit Hours of Operation
- Monday through Friday Pick up begins at 3:30 am and last pick up at 5:30 pm
- Saturday (Dialysis Routes only) 4:00 am to 4:00 pm
Our office is open Monday – Friday 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Schedule Requirements – All passengers must make reservation to ride by 1:00 pm one business day prior to the day of their request
- Cancellation Requirements – If you need to cancel your reservation for any reason, you must call to cancel at least one hour prior to your reservation time (please leave a message if no one answers). If you do not cancel, you will be counted as a no show.
- No Shows – The vehicle will wait for five minutes for the passenger to board the vehicle. If the passenger cancels once the vehicle arrives, does not call to cancel their reservation or does not board the vehicle within the allotted time, the passenger will be marked as a no show. If the passenger receives three no shows, they will be suspended from transportation for 30 days.
- Require One-Hour Window – Lenoir County Transit requires a one-hour window for reservations within Lenoir County. If your arrival time is at 9:00 am, you must be ready for pick up at 8:00 am.
- The vehicle will wait for five minutes for the passenger to approach the vehicle for boarding. If the passenger(s) are not ready when the vehicle arrives, the vehicle will leave and a “No-Show” trip is documented. If you receive three “No-Shows”, you will be suspended from transportation for 30 days. This applies to ALL passengers. You must call to cancel your trip at least one hour prior to your pick up time to avoid a “No-Show”.
Lenoir County Transportation Department
Reservations or Cancellations: 252-523-4171
201 E. King St.
Kinston, NC 28501
Hours of Operation:
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8am to 5pm
Vehicle Operating Hours: Monday – Friday 4am to 6pm
Saturday: Dialysis routes only 4am to 4pm
WE OBSERVE ALL COUNTY HOLIDAYS!
Director: Angie Greene
Operations Manager: Shawn Howard
Administrative Assistant: Kim Webb
Secretary/Scheduler: Crystal Rouse
Dispatcher: Calvin Holloway
Dispatcher: Tonia Rosa
Dispatcher: Ryesha Foye